Neighbors 4 Neighbors is helping to break the stigma about mental health and wellness and share with you the resources available to help you and your family.
No matter who you are, we all need a little help sometimes, which is nothing to be ashamed of. No matter your culture, what society says, or what you were brought up to believe, taking care of your mind is just as important as eating right or exercising. We also know it’s not one-size-fits-all, so that’s why we have a ton of resources available to you. Most of them are free or at a low cost.
Below you will find links and phone numbers to resources right here in South Florida, as well as links to articles that can answer your questions.
Remember you are never alone.
Neighbors 4 Neighbors is partnering with organizations like The Humanity Project, who have experience dealing with children, teens, and adults undergoing stress and anxiety due to cyber and in-person bullying. We've also created PSAs with a licensed mental health counselor, Tammy Berman, to share core skills people can use now to reduce stress and anxiety. Additionally, we have provided $5,000 to a team of mental health counselors headed to Ukraine to provide assistance to first responders in this time of war.
If you need someone to talk with right now, please call The National Suicide Lifeline at 988 or one of these Mental Health Hotlines, there are people who care available 24/7.
NAMI has support groups for individuals, families, peers and youth. These groups are free and confidential & only 90 minutes. Each group is designed to connect, encourage, and support participants using a structured support group model. These groups are led by two (2) certified and trained facilitators with experience in the help you are looking for.
The Disaster Distress Helpline, 1-800-985-5990, is a 24/7, 365-day-a-year, national hotline run by Miami-Dade's F.R.I.E.N.D. long-term recovery group, dedicated to providing immediate crisis counseling for people who are experiencing emotional distress related to any natural or human-caused disaster.
This toll-free, multilingual, and confidential crisis support service is available to all residents in the United States and its territories. Stress, anxiety, and other depression-like symptoms are common reactions after a disaster. Call or text 1-800-985-5990 to connect with a trained crisis counselor.
The Healing Arts Institute of South Florida International, Inc. is a mental health counseling, education, and research group providing systemic talk therapy, trauma-informed outpatient counseling, mindfulness services and higher education. Healing Arts is small, fresh and focused on caring for their clients, students and each other.
Click here for more information.
Healing Arts Blog posts: https://healingartssfl.org/mental-health-therapy-healing-arts-institute-of-south-florida/blog/
Grief & Crisis Support
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- or text TalkWithUs to 66746
- (954) 677-3113 opt.3
More Mental Health Resources
- 60 Digital Resources for Mental Health
- Be Strong International
- Broward Schools Mental Health Services
- Broward County Schools Crisis Support (Resiliency Center)
- Center for Mind-Body Medicine
- Crisis Text Line
- Text CONNECT to 741741.
- Frame Works: Framing COVID-19
- Grief Support Groups & Forum: For anyone that has experienced a loss, this online Grief Support Directory is organized by types of loss with an extensive range of resources and supports available locally, on-line, virtually in-person and even internationally.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline:
- 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Mental Health America Hotline
- Text MHA to 741741. You can also call 1-800-985-5990 or text “TalkWithUs” to 66746 at the SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline.
- How to Help Someone With Anxiety or Depression During COVID-19
- How to Support a Loved One Going Through a Tough Time During COVID-19
- How To Protect Your Mental Health During The Coronavirus Outbreak
- Help Your Family De-Stress During Coronavirus Uncertainty
- How to Help Children Manage Fears
- How Mindfulness Can Help During COVID-19
- How to Avoid Passing Anxiety on to Your Kids
- How Anxiety Leads to Disruptive Behavior
- Manage Anxiety & Stress
- Mental Health Test
- Panic Attacks and How to Treat Them
- Self-Care in the Time of Coronavirus
- Sleep Strengthens your Defenses
- United Way Mental Wellness Tips
- National Institute of Mental Health: Mental Health Information
- Canine Assisted Therapy